Source code compilation

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Hi,

I´d like to compile the source on a x86 machine with x86 as a destination. How can I do this? Do I have to use the WIN7 branch or should I use the solution in VMCController? Do I have to install WiX or can I use the .CMD file to setup up everything?

M.

Developer
Nov 21, 2009 at 7:23 PM

depends on what's the target OS. if you like to run it on Vista there's no need for you to use the Win7 branch. if you like to run it on Win7 you'll need the Win7 branch.
for the Vista codebase you can build the integrated setup project and install it with this. for the Win7 branch you'll need to install WiX to compile the setup.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:46 PM

ok, i am using c# 2008 express. when opening the solution i first get the message that solution folders are not supported. is this important? then i get the message that the wix project type is not supported, because wix is not support (no surprise here). target is debug/mixed platforms, is it correct to set it to any cpu in order to build it for x86?

Developer
Nov 24, 2009 at 4:56 AM

You can ignore the 'solution folders' and wix messages, as well as the source code bindings messages, in VC# Express. It's still possible to compile the assemblies. If your target is x86, you don't need to worry about the CPU type- the default configuration will work fine. It's only if you're compiling for x64 that you'll need to tweak the .csproj file (see my other post, on 'commands not working').

-James