Build and customization service available

May 1, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Hi,

Over the last few months I've enjoyed developing and submitting a decent number of patches to this awesome, fantastic, amazing project. All are extender compatible, open source, and free for noncommercial use. These include:

1. The announce command (speech support)

2. The msgboxrich command (rich message boxes)

3. Caller ID support

4. Watched folders (visual notifications of new images)

5. Blu-ray and DVD archiving

6. Windows 7 x64 compatibility

7. Macro & startup action support

What I haven't submitted (because it's not part of this project) is my high-performance iPhone/iPod web interface to the VMCController.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or the tools to merge these patches into the main branch or post an updated installer myself. However, I am willing to provide custom builds of the latest changes and further enhancements and customizations for a fee. If interested, please send me a personal message.

-James

Developer
May 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM
jamesf123 wrote:

Hi,

Over the last few months I've enjoyed developing and submitting a decent number of patches to this awesome, fantastic, amazing project. All are extender compatible, open source, and free for noncommercial use. These include:

1. The announce command (speech support)

2. The msgboxrich command (rich message boxes)

3. Caller ID support

4. Watched folders (visual notifications of new images)

5. Blu-ray and DVD archiving

6. Windows 7 x64 compatibility

7. Macro & startup action supportt

What I haven't submitted (because it's not part of this project) is my high-performance iPhone/iPod web interface to the VMCController.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or the tools to merge these patches into the main branch or post an updated installer myself. However, I am willing to provide custom builds of the latest changes and further enhancements and customizations for a fee. If interested, please send me a personal message.

-James

I can merge anyones patches to the Vista or Win7 projects and send you the installer. If anyone is interested let me know.

May 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM

It would be great if you can merge all the recent patches and create a new installer. One of the coordinators could then give you check-in access...

Developer
May 17, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Edited May 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM

OK  I have Dev access now. So I will be adding the patches to the win7 branch over the next couple of days and releasing a new installer.

May 28, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Hello,

I can't get the new version to work on a 32bits system. Any idea's?

Developer
May 31, 2010 at 11:14 PM

What exactly do you mean it does not work?

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hello,

I have installed the version 46033 onto a Windows 7 32bits system and I can confirm it works great!

To be honest, what I did was downloading the source for version 46033, loaded into VS2008, removed the 64bits Installer and compiled the whole project for x86.

I am mainly interested in the socketServer to get the Media Center State to other systems running a socketListener. 

I noticed MC State changes are only recieved by a socketListener (or Telnet), if the MediaCenter runs full screen.

Also in a remote desktop session, and running MediaCenter on the remote, no state changes are recieved by the listeners.

I think this has someting to do with the way Media Center works.

Has somebody any idea how to overcome this (perhaps minor) problem.

Since I also have downloaded the source, I could try to find the cause, but I have no idea were to look.

Greetings. 

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:15 AM
Edited Jun 25, 2010 at 12:50 AM

I've installed 46033 (x86) and I can connect (via telnet) to 40500 and http to 40510 but I can't seem to connect to 40400.

snotneus - sounds like you can?

Any ideas / tips / tricks?

EDIT: Well nevermind... works great! The 'ol reboot seems to have fixed the problem.

Now if 7MC would just report the currently playing video correctly. All I get is "\\server\videos" when playing a ripped DVD from the folder \\server\videos\<dvdname>.