This beta builds on beta 1 - main addition is a simple http server - so commands can be issued over the web.
Note that if you want to customize the http output or to play around with the pretty samples you will need to manually copy the file "artists.template" from the install directory (default is usually "c:\program files\vmccontroller" to the ehome directory (usually C:\windows\ehome).
After installing vmcController start the media center and hit http://localhost:40510/help (replace "localhost" with your machine name or ip address if you are not browsing from the media center machine)
Comment / reviews / suggestions always appreciated.
Beta 2: 02/13/2009
1. Simple http server - accessed at port +10 (default first port is 40500 + 10 = 40510). Example: http://yourserver:40510/help
2. Some formatting to the help (especially the http view)
3. New commands
1. Exit - closes the connection (not useful via http) (note had to expose function CloseClient() to support)
2. mediametadata - returns information on the currently playing media (artist, title, album, etc - varries based on what is playing)
3. playrate-get - shows the current playrate of the currently playing media
4. playstate-get - shows the current playstate of the currently playing media
5. postition-get - shows the current position of the currently playing media
Beta 1: 11/17/2008
1. Added support for retrieving / queuing information on audio media
2. Added support for sending strings