cover art..

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Seems to always return the "first" album cover in the library no matter what.. i'm pretty sure my regex templates are ok as the text is there on the nested command.

Is this a known issue? I don't have the current templates with me but will post shortly.

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:01 PM

url is:

http://server/mediametadata/playstate-get/format%20TemplateName

syntax in template is:

music-cover%20artist:%%(?<=TrackArtist=)[^\r\n]*%% %20album:%%(?<=AlbumTitle=)[^\r\n]*%%34%20.jpg

i've tried artist and exact-artist.. and all sorts of wildcard combinations etc.

always shows the same cover and playstate-get is updating normally

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Well, one problem might be the missing quotes and the random "34" (I think you wanted the quotes which are encoded as %34). If your currently playing artist is "the who" from the album "who are you" your music cover request looks like: music-cover artist:the who album:who are you 34 .jpg

If you run this against the controller you won't get what you want because the command basically gets interpreted as "music-cover artist:the album:who .jpg" - you need to run music-cover artist:"the who" album:"who are you".jpg. Encoding this to be url friendly makes this look like music-cover%20artist:%34the%20who%34%20album:%34who%20are%20you%34%20.jpg

So get the straight command to work first (without and formatting or regular expressions), If that doesn't work, then we've got a code problem and please let us know. If it does work, then work it back into your template (so the above would become music-cover%20artist:%34%%(?<=TrackArtist=)[^\r\n]*%%%34%20album:%34%%(?<=AlbumTitle=)[^\r\n]*%%%34%20.jpg)

If this doesn't help then go ahead and post the output from http://server/mediametadata/playstate-get/ and I'll try to figure out what'a going on.

Good luck! Tony 

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:30 AM

it would be nice if the command without parameters would return the current cover and not the "first" cover.

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM

This didn't sound right to me, but it took me a few minutes to figure out why.

Basically it's a little too arbitrary. You'd need different logic for different commands - for example, what would the music-play command with no parameters do? Play the currently playing song?

Or what if no media were playing?

You can already do what you want using nested commands with custom formatting - see thread #75487

Some implentations that do make sense to me (Note these are just suggestions - they have not been implemented!):

• Implement a specific flag for the currenttly playing artist / song / album - something like "music-cover artist:@current album:@current" - that flag could be used anywhere that a reference to the currently playing media makes sense:
    • music-list-albums artist:@current - list all albums by the currently playing artist
    • music-list-songs album:@current - list all songs on the album of the currently playing track
    • music-play album:@current - play all songs from the currently playing track's album
    • etc

Thanks for the suggestion, Tony

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Did you manage to get your cover art working? I've had the same problem as you. Thanks