VS2008 + WMC SDK 5.3 + ???

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Hello, I'd love to compile the latest version of the Win7 source of this project..

It says I am missing ehepg & ehExtCOM..

I don't really know anything abou the WMC SDK... What are the softwarte requirements to get this compiled?

or can anyone provide the me latest win7 compiled setup?

Thanks in Advance all :)

Dan

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM

nevermind wasn't running the new branch..  :) Sorry please delete this if you wish :P{

Developer
Dec 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM

the latest Win7 build is available in the download section.

can you compile the latest code against the SDK 5.3? is was getting some strange errors after trying. the just switched to SDK 6. but afaik there are no functions used that are only available on 6. what's your dev environment?

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:27 PM

hi there..you are awesome btw! just want to say thank you for all of the obvious time you pent on this!

it's incredible.

i can't wait to be able to control my linksys extender from outside..

I am running windows 7 with vs2008 SP1 + wmc 5.3...

I was able to compile the win7 branch w/o any problem.. the normal branch came out with some missing references to EPG etc..

does that help at all?

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Oh, i just compiled the setup and it compiled fine.. i uninstalled the old one of my media center restarted the computer... tried to install latest and i keep getting an error right before setup looks to be finished:

"Error writing to file: VmcController.Status.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory."

The last version previous i installed was the public win7 alpha you have on codeplex.

Can i just compile he DLL's and replace them on the system I have it installed next time? I can't seem to find any of the dll.s though when there installed :)

thanks in advance!

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2009 at 11:49 PM

im not familiar with Wix at all.. but in this build.bat there are alot of hardcoded paths to c:\tmp\VmcController.... and looking for a file such as: MCNC.wixobj

Does VS launch this build.bat when it compiled as i never see these errors?

No clue if this is relevant or not.

Do you think you could post or attach the latest x86 setup for win7, i am DYINg to try it out as i saw you fixed the button- commands!! :)THANKS!!~

Developer
Dec 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM

the latest x86 is in the download section. i'll take a look at the hard coded values and the dll problem tomorow.