"Play-tv" command not working in Win7 x86

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Is there a reason why the "play-tv" command does not work in Windows 7 MCE?  I get an error message when I try and execute this command.  I understand that the EPG stuff has been removed from the Win7 release however I would think that asking MCE to simply tune the TV to a specific channel should still work?  Has the command been changed to something different?  Please help!

Developer
Dec 7, 2009 at 7:27 AM

This command isn't working at the moment. it's due changes on the Media Center API that the command is using internally. the old code isn't working on Win 7 and i'm not using MC to watch TV. so i removed the implementation. i should remove the whole command to avoid confusions. after Christmas i'll try to update my hardware to watch tv on MC too. until someone else will fix it, the command will not work. :(

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Does anyone else have the programming skills needed to look into this?  I used this command extensively in Vista and not having it anymore has really thrown a wrench in my home theatre automation scheme.  Please help!

Developer
Dec 7, 2009 at 5:46 PM

i'm using the 6.0 SDK 'cause i wasn't able to get the 5.x SDK running on my Win 7 dev box. perhaps these are changes between these two sdks. afaik it should be possible to compile the plugin against the 5.x sdk. need to invest some time on this. running vista as MC as long the Win 7 build isn't ready isn't an alternative for you?

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Unfortunately I've already made the switch to Win7 so there's no turning back :-)

Developer
Dec 7, 2009 at 6:04 PM

i'll do my best to get this one up again. but i can't tell you any timeframe for that. sorry. perhaps someone else can jump is and help on that topic.

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it.