Some suggestions

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:00 PM

dear all,

I just have discovered this nice program but I have some suggestions:

- Why just MCE controler? Why not some other system's fonctions like Hibernate, shutdown ect...

- adding the controlling of some addin like MyMovies or MediaBrowser

Thanks for your Answer

Best regards,

Developer
Nov 29, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Edited Nov 29, 2009 at 10:54 AM

please add this as a request to to tracker. at least the hibernate and/or shutdown function should be no big problem. i don't know the plugins, so i can't tell you if an integration would be possible or not.

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

It would be nice if Vmcontroller was converted to a windows service, this would further expand the potential of the application.  Integration with the other applications would require the other developers to share/change code.  

You can use the existing controller to control mediacenter plugins(MyMovies,MediaBrowser,etc)  You would just setup a macro that would execute a sequence of commands (Start | Internet Radio | button-ok | button-down | button-right | button-ok) .   I currently do this with MCShoutcast allowing me to use a remote control to select a specific radio station. 

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I think we're getting a little off base here. VMCcontroller is a Media Center plug in - things that can be done through the media center (specifically through the media center remote) should be able to be done with this plug in. So Waspy59's suggestions should be doable (in fact they should already be doable by useing the button-* commands) - though I have not tried to shutdown...

Likewise, addins can be controlled - but this kind of control is awkward (start in a known spot, push up three times, push left 4 times, click ok... etc)

Converting this project to a service would be a massive rewrite, and not sure that there would be any benefit. There might be some benefit to converting the sink(status) portion (port 40400) as that's not a plugin per se - it's also been suggested that the status server could be extended to accept a start media center command (which would then load the plug in part of vmccontroller...)