[Win7] new Build (without EPG)

Developer
Oct 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2009 at 10:59 PM

i created a new installer for win 7. this version runs only on win 7. i ripped out the EPG stuff.

telnet connection is working and the http server is running too. 'til now i wasn't able to  activate the sink for responses. i think i am missing something in general here.

this installer just enables the controlling part. give it a try and let me know if it is working for you.

probably you have to run MC with admin privileges after the first time you installed the plugin. not sure about that. every start after that is ok with no admin privs.

would be nice to be added to the developer list in here. :)

UPDATE

i removed the box.net file. please download the installer from here instead

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I've gone ahead and added pantarhei's installer to the downloads section ([Win 7 Alpha 3](http://vmccontroller.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=34386)) - note that I have not verified this so if someone has any experience with this release - speak up!

Pantarhei: I've sent you an email, but you have been added to the developers list :-) Ask and you shall (eventually) receive.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Looks good! I did not try very much, but at least I can telnet to port 40500. @pantarhei: thanks a lot!

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Update: Look really good, although I can´t connect to port 40400 and can´t connect to 40500+n, i.e. the extender ports, although the extenders are up an running.

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Update: sorry, my fault. Extenders are working - I had to restart them in order to start the Addin (which was obvious ...). Another question: should we use the issue tracker for tracking defects? There seems to be another problem with codepages. If there a special characters in the titles, they are not returned properly.

Developer
Oct 14, 2009 at 10:58 AM

sure. feel free to add issues in the tracker. please describe where the characters aren't returned properly. i'll take a look.