[Win7] Playing with code and some questions

Developer
Oct 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Just started playing with the current 26887 changeset on my Win7 x64 Box. Did not read the whole thread where olddog changed the code for Win7.
but i think i made the same cahnges as i did. just removed everything that uses the EPG stuff. for now it's running on my box. 

i've started generel interest in WMC a week ago. i'm digging around in the code for 2 days now. everything is pretty new but a first success is here. 
i have some questions about the EPG stuff. if i'm right all this is a "hack" and uses uncommented API's that have changed in MC7. right? somewhere i read 
that using the EPG SDK is restricted to x calls a day. can you give me please a short explanation what's all about your EPG stuff. i'd like to dig a bit deeper
and try to get this guy up and running an Win7 with all the features.

at the moment i'm using the 6.0 SDK. but i think this breaks vista compatibility in general. but i was not able to use the 5.3 on my Win7 x64. i'll take a look
at this problem again 'cause using the 6.0 isn't really needed for Win7 builds. as far as i know at the moment at least.

[EDIT]
i think i found a way to implement the EPG part on Win7. it should be possible to load the references dynamically depending on the operating system.
have to look into this. if everything fits together we should have a version that is running on Vista and Win7 with the EPG stuff.
[/EDIT]

regards

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Thank you for playing with the code.  Were you able to successfully get this to work on Windows 7 X64?  I have been unsuccessful so far.    It would be very nice to see the epg portion working again as well..

Thank you!

Developer
Oct 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM

is it working without the EPG stuff. for now i ihave a vague idea how it could possibly working with epg stuff again. do you tried to get the EPG stuff running
or the plugin in general?