Unable to communicate with controller

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM
I installed the MSI file, restarted everything (including the PC), and cannot get a connection on either port 40400 or 40500.  I'm running Vista Ultimate (64-bit).  I took a look at the installer source code, and don't see it doing anything special, but I also don't see any instructions for registering the DLLs, so I'm assuming that all is supposed to happen automatically.

I'm using PuTTY instead of Telnet (since Microsoft removed the Telnet.exe from Windows Vista). I also made sure to disable my firewall.

I ran a NETSTAT command from the command prompt and can see, from that, that there is nothing listening on either of the aforementioned ports (or anything beginning with a 40*).  Am I missing some basic instructions here? Has anyone gotten the 64-bit version of Windows to work with the VMC TCP/IP Controller?

Thanks!
Jan 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM
I can confirm it doesn't work for me either on my x64 VMC (and works on several installs of x86).

Googling around, it looks like registry keys need to go to a different place on x64.  

Anyone want to take a crack at an x64 version of the installer?