Event sink timeout?

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I use the MCE TCP/IP Controller together with Promixis Girder home automation software as part of a HTPC setup.  Girder connects to the event sink on port 40400 and is successfully receiving events from MCE.

After a while however (I haven't determined the exact amount of time yet but I will guess around 6 hours or so), it seems that the connection times out.  I don't know what is causing the connection to drop, so I am assuming right now that it is a lack of activity in MCE (i.e. the overnight period when the PC sits idle) that is causing this issue.  I have to re-initialize the connection to the event sink from the Girder side for it to start receiving events again from MCE.

Is there some sort of built-in timeout for event sink connections in this TCP/IP Controller?  If so, is there a way to disable it or force some sort of keep alive?

Right now I have come up with a workaround to have Girder automatically initiate a new connection on port 40400 every few hours, but I can see that this is resulting in multiple client connections to the controller based on the feedback it sends after the connection is established.

Can anyone help out with this?

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Does anyone have any comment re my post from Aug. 10th?