msgboxrich cached image

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a little bit of help with a problem I have been facing with implementing the msgboxrich function. I've got it to work however when the image that I am trying to display gets updated (overwritten via IP cams ftp, uploading new image) the command continues to display the old image until I restart the extender or the MCE app. It seems to be displaying a cached image rather than displaying the current image. I am using panasonic network cams that upload a image named camera.jpg every time motion is detected. I have win 7 x64 as well as vmccontroller x64. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I am sure it's something fairly simple but everything I've tried so far hasn't worked. Thanks!

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:40 PM

The command photo-clear-cache solved my problem, if anyone else has this issue.

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Okay I guess photo-clear-cache didn't completely solve my problem. If media is playing on the device which I am communicating with the photo-clear-cache doesn't seem to have effect until after playing is stopped. Anyone find a solution for this? I guess pointing to a unique image would work, but I don't know exactly how I would go about accomplishing that. My IP Cam can either ftp up one image and overwrite it or it can upload a image with the date & time in it's file name. Anyone know a way that I could use the msgboxrich command to somehow point to the path of the latest image in a directory? Here is an example of my image filename: yard20120424125933445.jpg

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution.

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Could you cheat by making the image path look unique with some irrelevant data? In html I'd append a time stamp as a parameter that was ignored in the URL (e.g. http://www.xyz.com/asdf?timestamp) - that way the browser would never cache (this was needed for "smart" browsers like mobile Opera that would try to cache on the server side).

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM, sea3pea0 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Okay I guess photo-clear-cache didn't completely solve my problem. If media is playing on the device which I am communicating with the photo-clear-cache doesn't seem to have effect until after playing is stopped. Anyone find a solution for this? I guess pointing to a unique image would work, but I don't know exactly how I would go about accomplishing that. My IP Cam can either ftp up one image and overwrite it or it can upload a image with the date & time in it's file name. Anyone know a way that I could use the msgboxrich command to somehow point to the path of the latest image in a directory? Here is an example of my image filename: yard20120424125933445.jpg

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VmcController@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VmcController@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Thanks, I'd like to try that. But how Exactly would I implement that? I am trying to send this command http://XXX.XXX.X.XXX:40510/msgboxrich%20%22Alert%22%20%22Motion%20Detected%20in%20Front%20Yard%21%22%2015%20%22Dismiss%22%20%22modal%22%20%22%5C%5CSERVER%5CIP%20Cameras%5CYard%5Cyard.jpg%22