Can't compile - Missing Assembly references

Developer
May 4, 2010 at 4:11 AM

I am unable to compile the latest source do to "ehepg" and "ehExtCOM" refernces. I tried to remove all the EPG stuff but then I had about 30 errors and to much stuff to sort. does anybody have the assembly files.  I can't find them anywhere.

I am using VS2008 pro. On win7 64

Developer
May 4, 2010 at 4:53 AM
Edited May 4, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Is this do to the fact that these Assembly references do not exist on win7? But they are in the ehome folder on Vista. So I guess do I Need to compile on Vista 32?

Developer
May 4, 2010 at 6:02 AM

You need to use the Win7 branch. The missing assemblies are not available on Win7. They are related to the TV stuff. I couldn't find out how to manage the TV stuff on Win7. Basically the current Win7 branch is missing the TV feature. If you need them you have to use Vista. Otherwise the Win 7 branch should be fine.

Developer
May 4, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Edited May 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Can you guys tell me what operating system version and SDK you are compiling on? No matter what i do I can't comple on win7 64 properly.

Developer
May 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM
If i remember well i used the SDK 6.0 for the Win7 branch. But not 100% sure. I think i tried it on 5.3 to keep it in sync with the Vista branch. But i wasn't able to use the older SDK in my Win7 x64. There have been proposal to stick with the older SDK. I think you should be able to compile it with the 6.0. Where are your problems? What revision are you trying to compile?
Developer
May 4, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Edited May 4, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I am compiling on WIN7 64 with VS 2008 pro with WIX installed using the WIN7 branch. These are the errors I am receiving if i try to compile with out any of my code changes.

Error	1	The system cannot find the file '..\\Status\bin\Release\VmcController.Status.dll'.	C:\Users\Mika\Desktop\VmcController-38371\branches\Win7\Setup x64\Setup.wxs	129	1	Setup x64
Error	2	The system cannot find the file '..\Add-In\bin\Release\VmcController.Add-In.dll'.	C:\Users\Mika\Desktop\VmcController-38371\branches\Win7\Setup x64\Setup.wxs	139	1	Setup x64
Error	3	The system cannot find the file '..\Add-In\bin\Release\Interop.WMPLib.dll'.	C:\Users\Mika\Desktop\VmcController-38371\branches\Win7\Setup x64\Setup.wxs	149	1	Setup x64
Error	4	The system cannot find the file '..\\Status\bin\Release\VmcController.Status.dll'.	C:\Users\Mika\Desktop\VmcController-38371\branches\Win7\Setup\Setup.wxs	155	1	Setup
Error	5	The system cannot find the file '..\Add-In\bin\Release\VmcController.Add-In.dll'.	C:\Users\Mika\Desktop\VmcController-38371\branches\Win7\Setup\Setup.wxs	167	1	Setup
Error	6	The system cannot find the file '..\Add-In\bin\Release\Interop.WMPLib.dll'.	C:\Users\Mika\Desktop\VmcController-38371\branches\Win7\Setup\Setup.wxs	179	1	Setup
Warning	7	Assembly generation -- Referenced assembly 'mscorlib.dll' targets a different processor	VmcController.Add-In
Warning	8	Assembly generation -- Referenced assembly 'PresentationCore.dll' targets a different processor	VmcController.Add-In
Warning	9	Assembly generation -- Referenced assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices.dll' targets a different processor	VmcController.Add-In
Warning	10	Assembly generation -- Referenced assembly 'System.Web.dll' targets a different processor	VmcController.Add-In
Warning	11	The variable 'e' is declared but never used	C:\Users\Mika\Desktop\VmcController-38371\branches\Win7\Add-In\Commands\musicCmd.cs	670	21	VmcController.Add-In
Warning	12	Assembly generation -- Referenced assembly 'mscorlib.dll' targets a different processor	VmcController.Status
Warning	13	Assembly generation -- Referenced assembly 'System.Data.dll' targets a different processor	VmcController.Status
Warning	14	Type library importer encountered a property getter 'sessionPlaylistCount' on type 'WMPLib.IWMPNowPlayingHelperDispatch' without a valid return type.  The importer will attempt to import this property as a method instead.	VmcController.Add-In

Developer
May 4, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Are you using the Win 7 branch? https://vmccontroller.svn.codeplex.com/svn/branches/Win7 If you're using the "trunk" you will not be able to compile it on Win7. Check if you're using the branch and the SDK version.
Developer
May 4, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Just seen the paths. Looks like you're using the branch. ;) Try a "Rebuild solution". Looks like the installer project can't find what he's looking for.
Developer
May 4, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Yes i am using the branch and using SDK 6.0

Developer
May 4, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Ok. It's not a big deal. The errors are only in the setup projects. It's because you haven't build the soution in the "Release" configuration. Just select "Release", rebuild the the solution and it should be fine for all other configuation. But for the setup no other configuration makes sense.
Developer
May 5, 2010 at 5:58 PM
Edited May 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM

OK, Finally was able to compile lol. I had to remove the setup for 32 for the solution to compile and the setup dir to the .dll files where not correct.  Everything works good, but the button commands are not, I thought they where already fixed?

Developer
May 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Normally there's no need to remove the setup project. If you compile the dll's in Release mode in x86 and x64 first, everything should be ok. I thought the buttons are fixed. Honestly, i can't remember if it was really fixed or not. It's a while ago that i last worked on the project. :(
Developer
May 5, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Anybody have any ideas on the Button commands not working? I can confirm that the ctrl and shift are not pressing/hold and realaese. I looked at the code and compard to the vista version minior changes but I don't see the problem.