Arcsoft Total Media Theater VMC Control

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Hi All,

I've been using this controller for a while now.  The only problem I have is when I launch a bluray from the MCE Total Media Theater plugin, it opens TMT, the disc starts to play, but when I send any command, TMT minimizes and MCE is moved to the front.  If I set TMT to always remain on top, it doesn't repond to the VMC Controller commands.

If I use the IR remote, it works pefectly.  From what I can tell, it appears that VMC Controller only sends commands if mediacenter is open and on top.  Is there a solution to this?

Thanks much!

May 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

After looking at the source, VMC Controller forces Media Center to be be active window whenever it sends a command that winds up as a keystroke (button-xxx, type xxx).  If you have the ability to build this project, I can tell you how to modify the code to either always have keystrokes sent to the currently active window, or allow button-xxx commands to be optionally sent to the currently active window by using an argument to the button-xxx command.

May 5, 2010 at 6:57 PM

To answer your question in a roundabout way, the latest patches to the VMCController include blu-ray archiving, which would allow you to archive your blu-ray to your hard disk and play directly from there. This would avoid having to use third-party software and would therefore avoid the issue of jumping out of MCE.