Is anybody monitoring patches?

Developer
Mar 16, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone is monitoring patch submissions. I've submitted a ton but everything seems to be stuck in in 'being evaluated' status.

By the way, the new music commands are great.

Developer
Mar 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Hello jamesf,

for me i have to say that i'm currently not very active on the project. tons of other stuff to to and not using MC at the moment. :( But things will hopefully change as soon i'll get my new Zotac Box.
I think the best you could do is ask onhiatus to add you as developer to the project. Then you could add your patches directly. I've seen your submissions but as i said that's all for the moment.

What do you think about joining?

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Hello jamesf -

Are all you enhancements only for the Alpha 3 release or do they work with pantarhei windows 7 64 bit release ??

Hello pantarhe -

I have tried your 64 bit release and yes it worked but there are missing key commands ie the TYPE command so for now I updated mine to 64 bit for personal testing at the moment.

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I monitor them when someone scolds me... thanks

Seriously I don't spend much time on this project and when I do it's usually focused around trying to get something to work for my needs (hence the new music and photo commands) - so if you submit a patch you might want to gently remind me to apply it after a few days... better yet, join the project and just check it in!

Anyway, I've applied the announce and macro commands and checked them in - looks exciting.

Note that I have done no testing on these yet. I'll try to verify that they didn't break anything and get a new build out soon.

Thanks, Tony (onhiatus)

Developer
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:36 AM

This is great, thanks guys. Yes I'd very much like to join as a developer, please sign me up. To answer OldDog's question, yes all the patches I submitted work in win7 x64 (which is what I'm using).

Regarding the TYPE command, I also have this working on x64. Will submit this patch tonight.

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM

JamesF

Hi,

Tony checked in an updated version of the source to include your announce and macro mods,

Unfortunatley it appears that the check in is only on the 32x standard side for the original with epg, the branch for windows 7 does not contain the extra items,

I was thinking of having ago at the JSON outputs but wanted to build it on the latest versions including your updates,

Is there any chance you could post your win7 source for me to use as the base, as my base win7 code is from last year when I did the original Vista/TV pack mods.

Regards

Nigel

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Sounds good Nigel. I've just posted a new patch which includes my Windows 7 code, plus a couple of new features (Caller ID and Watched Folders). The only other change I made for Win7 x64 was in the SendKeyCmd.cs file, in the NativeMethods function, which I think I've submitted before. Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,

James